Saturday, November 15, 2008

What It's Like

I take a break from writing to, erm...write.

As the country's leading role model, as well as Top Model, I am quite disturbed.

Everybody wants to be me. Everyone. They wanna write like me. They wanna talk like me. They wanna act, walk, fuck, drink, smoke, go into New Age philosophy bullshit, protect prostitution. Just like me.

If you have to know, this actually means more responsibility for me.

As an artiste (with an E!), an artist (the more serious, without an E!) and a celebrity (not to mention best-selling author), I feel responsible for people who die because of trends I started.

Kids nowadays, man.

Here's what it's like:

I feel responsible. For everything. Everything. Does not make me a responsible person. Only makes me FEEL responsible. Like a 10 year old, which I am.

I am the center of the universe. Do you know what kind of responsibility that holds?

If I fart, entire worlds get destroyed.

One wrong word, and the space-time continuum gets ripped.

And it's a thankless job. Because everyone is an idiot. IDIOT!

They cannot stand owing everything in their lives to me, so they worship false Gods, try to erase signs of my contribution. They go against me in a pathetic attempt to salve their injured egos.

If I were to focus on people, I would have gone crazy a loooong time ago. And I am not even completely sane to begin with.

Nope. I focus on doing what is right. As best I can. Because I am a superhero.

I am Galactus - Devourer of Worlds. I destroy, so that new, better ones can sprout and take hold of the universe.

I am the single, most important entity in the universe. Yes, more important than UMNO President or Opposition Leader.

I am like the air you breathe. The water you drink. The ground you walk on.

I bring balance to the Universe, and there can be only one. There can be only one. And that is my glory, and my tragedy.

Man, I am so cool.