Saturday, May 23, 2009

Independent Research

I have been trying to gather information regarding the village people. Unfortunately, my sources do not agree with each other.

Some are politically-motivated. Others are trapped in happenings years gone. And yet more want to prove that the folks living in rural areas are living posh lifestyles. They are not that poor.

I cannot rely on these sources. I need to go and see for myself. Before I commit anyone's money or time to alleviate the sufferings of some people, I need to ascertain that their suffering is real.

I know for a fact that one neighbour makes less than RM400 a month and he takes care of 6 kids. Often not having enough for food.

I have identified several projects for self-sustaining shit, but the problem is to get these people to do it in the first place. Even at no cost to themselves, they might not do it. Why? Because:

1. They are stupid.

- you don't get poor for no reason.

2. Laziness

- ditto.

3. Spite/Envy

- Malaysians are cynical. Sometimes about WRONG things. I JUDGE thee! They would believe in space gods and the omnipotent powers of bomohs, but would be suspicious of any act done to help them.

- Even at the onset, these projects run the risk of not getting the support of the people it was supposed to help.

These things happen, see? But I am going to help them, whether they like it or not. I'll drag them kicking and screaming to the 21st Century. Like Jack the Ripper did for the people of the 20th Century.

So, more independent research has to be done. I need more data.