Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Pit and the Pendulum: The 8TV Ramadan Ad

Aw, man, what the fuck is this shit?

I heard that 8TV had to apologise for their ad depicting a woman showing her armpits during Ramadan.

I mean: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ABOUT ARMPITS?

What is the fixation Malaysia has on armpits? When I worked at Astro and The Malay Mail, we would sometimes get letters advising us against showing armpits.

I don't get a hard-on seeing armpits. To me, the armpit is something to avoid, not a thing that could arouse me in any way.

I believe that someone high up has a fetish for armpits and if they see armpits, they would immediately go to the toilet and jack-off. There is no other explanation.

And the thing about the race of the girl? Well, I don't believe the Chinese in this country are that sensitive. The ones who are sensitive are the Malays, definitely.

If it is a race thing, I will from now on rib my Chinese friends mercilessly. Especially freelance comics artist Ong Chee Yang. Oi, Chee, why so sensitive? Fuck you lah, Chee. Chubbycheechee. Chubbycheechee. Chubbycheechee.

However, I really don't think this has anything to do with race, but everything to do with armpits.