Sunday, August 7, 2011

Eleventh Hour of Sleep

I need a massage.

After writing whatever down last night, I went to bed. Just woke up, almost 11 hours later.

My shoulders ache, as well as the rest of my body. And I have two deadlines today. Make that three.

Oh well. My mind feels fresh, though. I managed to gather a lot of information these past few weeks. I am not comfortable acting on anything until I have data. I am no longer young and want to survive by diving headlong into anything and accomplish whatever through sheer boneheadedness.

That strategy can only work for someone in their 20s. I'm getting old, man. The aches and bruises are becoming more of a factor.

Though my body is feeling it, my mind is getting calmer and sharper. And I don't really give a shit about anything else other than what I have to do. What I want to do.

That being said, I still believe it is foolish to act on fairly new grounds without first gathering all the necessary information. The people who trained me showed and demonstrated a profound unwillingness to move until they are satisfied with information gathering. Sometimes, agonisingly so.

I know what I can and cannot do in certain fields. My thing has always been content, but in recent years, I have been dabbling in other things. In the next few years, I want to develop more on other things as well.

We shall see what happens.