Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Silence of the Lames

I hardly say 'I told you so' nowadays. Not because what I told you is no longer so. Nope. It's simply because being right no longer packs a punch it used to these days.

It's no longer my main thing.

When things unfold exactly as I said it, or close enough, I see on their faces a kind of hunted look. They want to glaze over it, so as not to feel their imaginary pain.

And all I wanted to do, those days, was serve The Truth, and save all of mankind.

Well, those days are over.

I know exactly what I need to do, and when. It used to be that whatever I foresee, I decided not to act on it, because in my heroic delusion, I thought it was unfair to others.

These days, anything goes, man. I already said more than I should. I have revealed the secrets of the heavens, and my punishment is that no one would listen to me. Not really.

So, I think I'll just be one of those lame people, who shuts up. I'll take a vow of silence, and keep my visions to myself.

And when the stench of their corruption and fornication reaches the high heavens, they will look up to me and say, "Save us!" And I will look down and whisper, "No."