Monday, August 30, 2010

Mesut Mourinho

With the signing of Mesut Ozil, I now have two of my favourite people in football at Real Madrid.

There's Jose Special One Mourinho, and then there's Ozil, who surprised me at an otherwise very lame World Cup this year.

Now, if only Pablo Aimar could play there. But no. Aimar is one of the greatest undiscovered superstars of the game. He is a star, but never a superstar, having been overshadowed by that idiot Juan Sebastian Veron - who didn't really perform for Argentina later in his career as well as some others.

My favourite players have all been central or attacking midfielders, barring Dutch winger Arjen Robben.

One of my least favourite - Cristiano Ronaldo - is also at Real, which is a necessary evil, I guess. They should sell him back to Man Utd. I don't like him. Though he did score 26 goals last season.

I believe in Mourinho, though I am guessing it would take at least two seasons for him to win a significant trophy.

Looks like this season, I will be supporting Real - a team I hate, though having been losers in the past two years qualify for my underdog clause.

Now, if only Mourinho can go to Juventus and bring Ozil with him a few seasons from now.