Friday, August 13, 2010

My Oscar-Winning Speech

It may be fun to win an Academy Award for something. I may or may not get to win anything, but what the hell.

Here's my acceptance speech, which should not exceed 90 seconds. Since I may never get to deliver it, here it is:

I would like to thank my parents, ___ and ___ for not knowing what to do with me and my crazy dreams.

Thanks to company X for giving me the trust to make this product. My collaborators ___ and ___.

Thank you to my teacher, my mentor and my good friend who has been with me all the way, thick or thin, who taught me how to write and how to think - ___ ___ ___.

Thank you, ___, aka ___ ___ for showing the way to becoming a real rebel with no compromise. You hold the torch, sir.

Thanks to ___ ___ ___ for guiding me in desperate times.

A shout out to the people at Alamorphosis, The Malay Mail and Astro. Friends, colleagues, I am indebted to you.

My siblings, I hate you, but thanks anyway. You guys suck.

Also, I would like to thank the Academy/Bafta/whoever for giving me this award.

And I believe that God knows we are thankful by making full use of the gifts he/she/it has given us.

Do I have time? Thank you Neil Gaiman and -oh, the music's playing - Alan Moore, Brian Michael Bendis, Grant Morrison, Eminem. For showing what great writing is all about.

Thanks Dr M, for being the coolest octogenarian ever.

And thanks to all who have been part of the journey. Good night and God bless!