Thursday, April 30, 2009

Intermission: Tripping the Light Fantastic

Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe.
And in thy right hand lead with thee,
The Mountain Nymph, sweet Liberty;


- L'Allegro by Milton

Somebody asked me to think about something. An innocent enough request. For other people.

With me, most of what I do is think. Until I cannot sleep. Ideas and possibilities and things and data and dates and people jump about in my head.

I run simulations inside my mind.

Will it be like this? Like that? How can that work? Who will use it? How can it be abused? Will it hold up?

I cannot sleep.

My mind is too active. And I chugged the last of the cough syrup a week ago. All I have, somewhere, are my anti-nausea pills which can cause drowsiness.

I have several ideas. Creating worlds.

I hope, that when all is said and done - not a second before, not a tick after - that it would be of some great use. For everyone. For all mankind.