Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Can You Dig It, Sucka?

And so, tonight, we looked from a hill on our spoils of war.

Me: Senator Palpatine.

Senator Palpatine: Chancellor Vainglorious.

Me: They made you a senator. They actually did. I can't believe it.

SP: And they made you chancellor.

Me: What were they thinking?

SP: Oh well. So...I'm going to my Death Star. Care to join me?

Me: Emmm...planet-busting space stations are just not me. Thanks for the offer, though.

SP: Any time.

Me: Say...can I have a ride?

SP: Why of course. Where to?

Me: Well, I am going to Omicron Persei 8.

SP: What are you doing there?

Me: Oh, you know, this and that. They also offered me the chance to set up my own "laser". It's going to look like a satellite dish. On a hill.

SP: Jolly good. Shall we go? Finish your drinks, Chancellor.

Me: Cheers, Senator.