Friday, January 14, 2011

The Path of Nine Kingdoms

I woke up to charge my phone. There is an early morning meeting tomorrow and I have only averaged two hours of sleep every night for the past two weeks.

I believe that we do not allow ourselves to be happy, unless we are true to ourselves and on our own path.

I might be wrong. Maybe there is happiness in denial. Bliss in ignorance. I don't know, and would never know, because of the decisions I made in life counter to that.

I am not sorry that I cannot live like you all do. I am not sorry, that perhaps I have inherited my father's stubbornness.

I cannot compromise on some things, and there are things others value that I do not, and vice versa. It is not a competition about who is right and who is wrong, or who is better. It is just is.

I have learned some things over the years, and perhaps one of the most important is that you can disallow things and people to influence you and your life. Your life is yours and there is nothing anyone else can do about it.

We all have more power over ourselves than we admit or even allow. Because if we recognise that, it means taking responsibility for ourselves and most people do not want to do that. They always want to be told what to do, so they could have someone to blame.

Blame is weak. Blaming shows how weak you are, and none of us are weak, in any capacity. I don't buy into that bullshit. I believe that each and every one of us has the power to change anything. Not everything, though.

As I draw the Tiger Year to a close, I grab the Rabbit by the throat and bite into it.