Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The House of the Windowless Rooms

In times of trouble, I remember the trials and tribulations of those who came before me.

People like Lucifer, who went to the House of the Windowless Rooms, wingless and powerless, leaving his immortality at the door.

He was only armed, with his wit and his will.

Lucifer had to fight three Japanese Gods and one big Japanese God of Death, plus one demon of the Shiko-Me.

Lucifer prevailed, against all odds. He reclaimed his wings and with it navigated through the new universe he created in defiance of his father - Yahweh.

I remember when Lucifer was struck down by the Bassanos, and he was saved by the most insignificant of all characters, which later turned out to be the most significant.

But what I do remember was the House of the Windowless Rooms. And Lucifer's trials there.

Lucifer had less, and relied on no one and nothing, save from his wit, and his will.

That, at least, gives me hope.