Saturday, January 15, 2011

God is in His Toilet, All's Right With the World

It's 7.30 in the morning. I woke up three hours ago, and for some unfathomable reason, I feel good. This is going to be a great day. I know it.

I have deadlines to catch and people to contact. Emails to send.

I feel young. Refreshed. Energetic. Sharp. Very. I feel the confidence of youth with some insights that come with age.

I know what people did and are doing. And you know what? I couldn't care less.

Everything is clear to me, and I know what I want to do. Timing is of the essence, but I am not impatient.

Hindus believe in yugas or cycles, and I think I just passed Kaliyuga - the cycle of the apocalyptic demon Kali. A cycle of destruction.

Now, it should fall to the Satya Yuga - or the Golden Age. Or the first and most important age. By personal definition, of course.

Satya Yugas are cycles where wisdom and enlightenment rule supreme. Knowledge, meditation and kind acts, blah blah blah.

I look around me, and I breathe in the air. And the smoke, of course. And a sense of calm presides over me. Winamp seems to know my mood.

I may be bad, but I feel good.