Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Borneo Chronicles: Settled

It's only been two days, but I am getting used to the KK accent.

Earlier today, I presented my paper about using the media to save the environment. Spoke to a lot of people, both publicly and in private.

I only got two hours of sleep last night, and it has been a while since I stood on the rostrum, addressing an audience of journalists, Government people and corporate reps.

I was nervous. Nerves got to me, and it was a struggle to stay focused.

Insecure about my performance, I was buoyed by messages from the peninsula saying that they heard I did good.

I don't really care what people think, but I need to find out whether or not my presentation was useful to anyone.

I saw some people taking notes, so that's a good sign, maybe.

One woman asked for my number and contact details. She wants my input on something.

All in all, a pretty educational day. And I crashed out afterwards and is now only up to enjoy something room service brought up.

Cheers!