Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tales from the Drunk Side: Stereotype

I will be 29 soon, but I believe that my retirement fund is in a sorry state.

I am not broke, and have enough savings till May. But not enough to go on till I'm 55 at which point I will keel over and die.

However, as a Malay, I believe money comes down from the sky (Kingdom).

Also, as a BN lapdog, why should I worry?

In times of trouble, an LCCT wil come to me.

Saying words of wisdom, 'Jom buat satu lagi. Mungkin boleh lepas kali ni.'

The only saving grace is that I have no kids(that I know of), and plan not to.

Then again, as a Malay, this is a failure.

I will miss out on the magical, mystical 'rezeki anak' which is like winning 4D (not jackpot) and another form of the Holy NEP. Organised by God. Or Zodd, whatever your faith may be.

Still, I have faith in myself. And if there's one thing I've learned in my short life so far is that, I never know what's going to happen tomorrow.

I always have a plan, because my favourite superhero is Batman. And Batman always has a plan.

The thing is, though, I have always been lucky enough so far in life that what I plan never turn out the way I envisioned.

It always turns out to be better than I expected.

I am blessed in that way. I am indeed amadeus - loved by God.

But that is no reason to rest on my laurels. I share my family's work ethics in the sense that we work till we die.

To his last days, my grandfather woke up at 6am without fail to tend to his garden, his bonsai plants and his 40 dogs and 10,000 chickens.

On the other hand, I'm a Malay so therefore I am lazy.

I know nothing about money. I do not know, for example, that commodity prices have gone down and that prices of ALL goods except for gold should also go down.

Any product that doesn't use gold that increase their prices should be ignored forever.

Being a Malay and so stupid in finances, I also do not know that it is a good time to buy unit trust as the market probably hit bottom already.

It might go down some more, but not before an initial jump.

Oh, but what do I know? I'm a Malay, so I am neither intellectually nor morally superior than any other race.