Monday, May 17, 2010

How Scriptwriters Get Screwed (In Hollywood)

Read this, man.

This is how bad things could get, creatively, for scriptwriters in Hollywood.

This is why, to protect my shit, I am going to ask for co-producing roles in my next movies. Thankfully, I work in Malaysia, where filmmaking is like a cottage industry. Family business and all that.

I think the guy, William Martell, is right and has unique insights as to the world of scripts.

And yes, it might be bad in Hollywood, but some get paid 100K per script. One script got US$3 million. That's the standard rate. Over here, we go over the same shit, for much, much, much, much, much, much, much less.

Oh well. I hope I don't have to write something similar about my experiences. I'm very new to the industry and has had a pretty clean ride so far. Pretty much.