Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Harpix

Once upon a time, I was in a pub, surrounded by girls.

One of the girls asked me, "So what do you think of her?"

"Well," I said, adjusting my sitting position. "What you're really asking is for me to judge her, and I am trying very hard, every day, not to judge people."

"What do you think of her?" she demanded.

"And you know, even if I do judge, it will be inaccurate because I do not believe anyone can know anyone else completely. My parents have been with each other for over 40 years, and they do not know each other."

"WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HER?!!"

Her veins bulged.

So I sighed and said, "She's -"

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I cleared my throat.

"She's -"

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Ah, this predetermined reaction means that number one, you do not listen. Number two, you never had any intention of knowing what I think, but merely wanted to put my ego down so that your ego can feel bigger and superior."

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

And they laughed till they died. All of them.

Honestly, I don't like being right, sometimes, but I am always right. It is both a gift and a curse. What can I do?