Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In Blackest Night...

Here, I quote Green Lantern's oath:

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!


I take my cue from seeing what happens to those who came before me. When it comes to standing up for something, or helping people out, I can see that for most, it's just lip service.

They might do so as long as it's cool, or as long as it can make them look cool. Then, one day, BAM! They just up and leave you treading water.

I see those people - champions of justice, 'truth', and whatever way, and I just shake my head. And sometimes my ass.

May I never be like them.

I have not forgotten those who have helped me. I will not turn my back on them. But that's just maybe cause I read too many comic books.

Sure, taking care of one's own interest is actually the responsible thing to do - and yes, I do look out for number one - but I can't let go of my stupid sense of honour and fair play.

I could never do what they have done. Hypocrites. Cowards. Liars. Small-minded people with pettiness in their hearts. And you call yourself 'professional'? Hah!

My finger points. And I laugh a snorty laugh. Suck my dick while I'm pissin'.