Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Understanding People

There is only one truth about people. People measure everything in relation to them.

They are the center of their own universes.

So when you're selling stuff to people, it is never about you. It is always about them. What you can do for them. How being associated with you makes them feel or look.

People do not care about your problems. They have no interest in you. Just themselves. Whenever they talk, it is always about them, in relation to them. They are the heroes of their own stories - often tragic and fucking emo.

This is why, at the end of my career, I just want to retire to a nice beach, and just watch the sun go down every day till I die. I'll set up electric fences, maybe erect a wall.

I always find people to be loud. When they're there, they're very loud without even opening their mouths. As a homo ultimatus, I tend to shapeshift to be whatever they want from me.

Put me with people who talk a lot, and I'd shut up. Put me with quiet people, and I talk a lot.

Now, all of you reading this are awake, yes? So I'll go to sleep. G'nite!