Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thank You, Technopriests!

I am finally back online after someone stole my Unifi port last Friday, from the box thingies. I spent almost a week bickering with Unifi customer service after they sent technopriests to Seri Kembangan instead of my house, due to a faulty report.

I used whatever contacts I can and thankfully, there were cool people in TM and I spoke to some technopriests and arranged for them to come to my house. Took me a few days, though, and I missed a lot of shit.

First of all, fuck Bersih. Heard the pitch, arguments, weighed it and... fuck Bersih.

Fuck all of that.

Then, there was the matter of Rosmah Mansor's impossibly expensive ring. Other people already did a Google search before being outraged, so no worries, right?

Here's a link to the world's most expensive jewelry. I don't see her ring there.

It is not impossible, though. Rosmah may have bought the world's most expensive piece of jewelry at US$24 million. ANd sent it via FedEx. AND have it scanned by a person holding a non-existent post.

Oh well. I really don't care. People will believe what they want to believe. They want to read opinions and thoughts that are in line with theirs.

I don't give a fuck.

During the Bersih 2.0 thing, I got queries from people to the tune of, "Which side are you on?" "Who do you support?" "Who do you trust/believe in?"

I have maintained only one stand over the years, and I am not changing any time soon - I am on my side. I do not trust anyone - Government, Opposition, NGO, NGI, centrists.

I do not believe that any one of them is fighting for my benefit, for my good. I'm always looking out for how they can capitalise on shit and take my money.

In fact, there is no racism in Malaysia. I believe UMNO doesn't fight for Malays, but for themselves. I believe that PKR does not fight for freedom or justice, but money and power. DAP doesn't give a shit about you whether you are a Malay, Chinese, Indian or whatever. I believe that if sucking a rabid dog's cock could get them votes, and hence power, then money, they would do it.

They would make up any story and believe in anything. Just for cold hard cash.

If you hate them, ask yourself this: how different are you from them?

We all sacrifice something to get money - freedom, time, presence, knowledge, whatever. We are all not beneath it. Not even the most idealist of us are immortal.

I teach some kids at a college. I feel guilty, most of the time, because I have watched Dangerous Minds, Mr Holland's Opus, Goodbye Mr Chips, and I can safely say that I am no Michelle Pfeiffer.

I could not impart what I believe to be the most important lesson of all - trust no one. Don't let it get to you, and don't despair, because you are the only person you yourself can trust. You are the only person you can control 100%.

Everyone else, to be fair, have their own shit.

So with that, and one of the biggest dramas this year concluded, I'm going to take a nap for a while.