Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jung and Dangerous

I just woke up from a dream where I was hunted by predators in the sea, and saw my red shirt in the closet.

I haven't been wearing my red shirt recently, since I noticed that some people would react as if they are threatened by me, if I wear red stuff. I wore a red t-shirt today because even though it is of that color, it has sequins on it, effectively dampening the fear and intimidation factor and would probably place me as a homoexual, though why people find homosexuals as non-threatening is beyond me and should be considered another form of bias.

Anyway, I mentioned this fact, absent-mindedly, to a friend as I explained how I navigate through dealing with complicated red-tape, and I got 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' from the audience.

I simply forgot that mind-control is somewhat of a fixation to the people of this country, or perhaps even people in general. So much so, that the simple fact of choosing the colour to wear for different occasions and functions has become somewhat of an 'oooh'-worthy thing.

It is not mind-control. It is simple logic. Like where to place your gaze when talking to people. Asians, avert the eyes. White people, stare into their retinas. Personal space - Arabs, try to be as close as possible, White people, give them a wide berth. Asians? Kill them all. Including me.

So, for some reason, before I get back to my sea-dreams - which hopefully would not include any sea-men. Ugh. - I think I'll just write some drivel.

Anyway, when I neared graduation, disillusioned with the world and dealing with my own personal demons (everyone under the age of 25 has 'personal demons' as opposed to the very 'public demons' we fight as we get older), I began to start a quest of finding answers to some questions.

This led me through a whirlwind of discovery, discussions and lots and lots of other stupid things.

I began studying psychology, philosophy and religion. Not so much 'study', really. I mean, I did get some psychology text-books and joined in experiments online, but this was no serious thing.

For my own purposes, I began classifying personality traits on my own. In my youth, labels comforted me somewhat.

So, this is what I had:

1. The Animals

Not anima or animus, but animals. Humans who are animals are all pain-worshippers. They complain a lot, mostly about how WRONGED they were. How they dedicated their lives to something, and that something turned around and fucked them in the ass.

Nothing goes right for animals. They are walking around with an ever-present miasma of doom around them.

They are prone to paranoia and demotivational bullshit. Their currency, is pain. Whoever is experiencing more pain, wins.

It is interesting to note that even though some things constantly give these animals pain, they would keep on doing the same thing, addicted to getting the pain.

Perpetual victims fall into this category. Some abused partners fall into this category.

Just remember: animals feed on pain.

2. The Competitor

The competitor must win, must be number one, must be bettER, strongER, fastER, smartER than everyone else.

They have a constant need to be right, even sometimes going to extremes such as fixing 'matches'.

They need to win, and would sometimes compete with animals.

For example, I once said, off-hand, "Oh, my father suffered four-five strokes."

And one competitor said, "Oh! I can't count how many times MY father got strokes!"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, she was trying to compete in the event of 'Whose father had the most strokes'. Which shocked me to no end.

Competitors must win. So even if you do win in say, swimming or running, or farting, they would then try and start another competition. Say, whose guess is correct when it comes to which car will park next to your car or which nostril hair will fall off next.

Competitors believe everyone competes, like them, and they are annoying as hell.

Competitors have a burning desire for approval.

3. The Survivor

Survivors are concerned with, of course, survival, and also this: 'being smart about it'.

In my book, 'being smart about it' is okay, unless it translates to lying, backstabbing, cheating, swindling, short-changing, victimising, stealing and being an irredeemable jackass. Which, unfortunately, it usually is.

4. The Soulless Bastards

Soulless bastards are purely incorrigible. They are so obtuse, they don't even realise what they are doing is wrong, or is even considered wrong by other people.

They have no moral compass whatsoever and would do anything for any number of selfish reasons, regardless of other people or considerations.

Racists are here.

5. The Idiots

Most people are here.

6. The Pigeon-Holers

This is for people like me.

We constantly pursue a means to better observe the Universe and classify it, so as to make a sort of empirical equation of the whole thing, which is impossible.

Everyone jumps from one classification to the other. In classcial Jungian philosophy, people jump from one archetype to another in rapid sucession, even in the same sentence or line of thought.

It is impossible to divide humanity in little groups and sub-groups, because in the end, everyone are idiots at some point or another.

Including me, as I should not have spent my time writing this, while nursing a flu, and with an early morning tomorrow.

I leave you with this thought - a person is ultimately unknowable. You can spend over 50 years with a person and never know him/her fully. Labels are useful for marketing people and idiots, racists and soulless bastards. And pigeon-holers.

And with that, good night.