Friday, July 22, 2011

Dead or Alive

I slip in and out of consciousness, due to the flu meds. Being tethered to the world via Twitter, I see surreal glimpses of reality. Which, if I'm not half-groggy from these meds or if I'm half the writer I should be, would have been the topic of this entry. Like some psychedelic stream-of-counsciousness bullshit.

But, no.

I want to talk about time.

To me, time is the most important factor/resource. In the sense that I do not have time for any bullshit but my own.

When I'm sick, no one's going to take care of business for me. No one's going to do my work. The clock keeps on ticking. Tick tock, tick tock.

Umar Al-Khattab once tried to get some food to some poor ass families, and when his servant tried to take the bloody sack from his old back, he shouted, "Bitch, you gonna carry my sins in hell? Huh?" After which, I am sure the servant went and killed herself due to such aggressive questioning.

And yes, I did read all of the tales of Islam's greatest heroes. I studied the religion for 11 years, same as all of you. Well, most of you Malaysians anyway.

And after using these past few years to pay for the debts I accumulated in my '20s, I need to start saving up for my retirement and death.

Only thing I've learned all these short years, is that, you carry your own sack of whatever. And if you can, you hold the door open for others carrying sacks.

I've seen and heard lots of bullshit. There's bullshit all around you. Bullshit is part of the scenery. You should get used to it and not be bothered by the smell. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

It's time for me to put up the pimp signal. We ride tonight. We ride hard.