Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Matrix: Resolution?

For years, I was haunted by the PTPTN issue.

After getting terrible service in 2005 concerning my PTPTN loan, I decided to not pay for a while.

In 2008, I made the grave mistake of contacting PTPTN to check on the balance of my debt. They refused my offer to pay and I was threatened with a lawsuit and bankruptcy over the phone. Pissed off, I decided to ignore them until I got a summons to the court.

In court, I was not allowed to speak and I immediately lost any interest to deal with a system where people who never paid a single cent could still roam around free while my passport - I, who offered payment - was blocked.

Today, I decided to put everything behind me and go to PTPTN and see what kind of arrangement I can make to settle my debts.

I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by such professional and empathic staff. Everything was made easy and if things go according to plan, by next week, the process to get me off the blacklist will start, after I pay a reasonable amount to them.

I suggest that all PTPTN loan defaulters and the people on the blacklist to take advantage of this period of grace and set up a payment scheme with PTPTN right now. Who knows who they will put there next time.

Cheers!