Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Amir Hafizi: State of Affairs

Haven't been blogging for a while. I had a lot of stuff to do. Was working on three movies all at once, which is not the most number of movies anyone has worked on at the same time.

I just met a friend who is working on 8-12 movies this year alone.

I was also planning this next half of the year. I got some projects which I thought was dead and buried, when suddenly the call came and it's on like Donkey Kong.

Was offered some stuff, and we'll see how that pans out.

My book is on hiatus, but if I can navigate this very demanding month of July, I'll be writing it in August.

Been teaching at KDU and it has been a blast.

I also got a girlfriend. Strange. I always thought that I'd hook up with Scarlett Johansson or Natalie Portman or something.

And I NEVER believed I'd hook up with a Malay chick. Malay chicks are usually drama-magnet manipulators and I have always stayed away from them. Most of the time. But yeah, man. You never can tell.

We've been together for about three months, so it is far too soon to say anything yet.

I have also cleaned up my cloud of friends. Kept those who stood by me no matter what, eliminated those who don't even know the meaning of betrayal. Yeah, you're retarded, I get it. Now fuck off and die.

I am also thinking of the next major steps in my career. There are stuff I enjoy doing, and then there are things I no longer want to do. After Raya, all will be clear, I believe.

I have taken to Tiger Balm and Minyak Cap Kapak, as my workload gets thicker and thicker. I just need to presevere for the next few months and hopefully, by the end of the year, I could finally clear up some if not all of my debts.

In fact, I need to continue my writing now.

In short, it has been an extremely busy period, but I am over the bump now. I believe that the worst has come to pass.

See you after the jump.