Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Evil

Whenever bad things happen to other people, especially my enemies or people who have shown bad intentions towards myself, I strive very hard not to derive a sense of pleasure from it.

Not because I am so fucking noble. Or that I am a good person. I am quite difficult to be with and also a very unpleasant man.

No, I do this, because I do not believe as some do - that bad things happen to bad people.

If that is the case, then the people of Sudan, Darfour, Bosnia, Norway and Rwanda - as well as several other places - were the most evil people on earth. Then, everyone who dies in a horrible accident, or those who succumb to horrific diseases, all were evil in their lives. All those who became billionaires or died peacefully in their sleep are all fucking angels then, eh? Donald Trump's shit must sing hossanas.

No, I do not believe that the world is fair. I do not believe that people who get raped, deserve to get raped, which is the inevitable conclusion if we follow this logic that the world is fair. Or that we experience pain because we are evil people. Stupid, maybe, but not evil.

A lot of us like to laugh at the misfortune of others. This explains slapstick. It also explains the sadistic pleasure some derive from seeing others in pain. Only when others are unhappy, can they be happy.

I find this practice to be vile. Oh, I have my own demons as well, but this should not be one of them. The spiteful, snivelling little coward kind of evil. The one that waits and then claps gleefully when someone falls down a hole.

No, my friends. My evil, is a lawful evil, whenever I slip from being a chaotic neutral.

That is all. I am off to bed.