Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mother! Father! Family!

I don't know if it's a sign of me growing older, but I am spending more time with my family these days.

I used to not be able to stand those guys. I was like, what the fuck?

But it's true what that old dude said to me in that pub four years back.

"I'm older, Amir. I can take more shit."

Family, is weird. If I could choose, I'd put Bill Gates as my father. Cause he's filthy rich. I'd get Sophia Loren as my mother. Cause she WAS good looking, in the old days.

What I'm stuck with are really, really, hyper-intelligent, super-emotional people.

My family members are all smart. In fact, if anyone is stupid, what we do is we kill them. You have no right living in this world, if you're stupid.

That being said, they sure have done some dumb things. Like getting married. To this day, I still believe my parents should not have had kids, but that's just me.

That's all in the past now. I used to rebel against anything they want to do to change me. Now, with the realisation that no one can make me do anything unless I allow it, I understand that my family has no power over me.

Nowadays, I help them out, not to fulfill some stupid social convention, but because I want to help.

I hope that the family's next generation, my nephews, will be able to do more amazing things for themselves, the country and the world. I know they have the brains for it. Now, if only they have a good evironment in which to grow. And good guidance.