Monday, October 18, 2010

Death: The Time of Your Life

And Death told me, "Enjoy it, Amir."

And I did. I am.

Muahahahahahahaha!

My world has expanded exponentially. I take broad views, so I get the big picture.

I find that somehow, for things I like, I can create time and space. I am blessed with talent and I am thankful for that by using it. I thought it was a sin to use it, because it would put me at an unfair advantage, but after pop psychology, I suffer from no survivor's guilt or regret.

I still help people out. A few bad apples won't change me from my ways. But the first criteria is for them to help themselves, and for not being evil.

I abhor evil, but also accept that it is intrinsic in all of us. Is intrinsic the right word? I think so.

These days, I focus on doing things for me. Because what's good for me is also good for the universe. Trust me. I am not as petty as the purebloods. I am not as narrow-minded.

As Lord of Destruction, I merely observe change. It is not my business to start.

I'm like Briadach of the Lilim in exile. I see the seed and the rot. Beginnings and endings. Which are, essentially, sometimes, one and the same.

A lot of people think me stupid. A lot more think me mad. Perhaps I am all of those. I do not care.

The only thing I know, the only thing that matters to me right now, is that I am on my own path. I shall carve a kingdom with my own two hands, and wear my crown upon a troubled brow.

Because I am a barbarian. Barbarian at the gates!