Monday, March 8, 2010

Loyalist

I play very few games.

Usually, I pick ones I like, and play them for a decade or so.

I have been playing Super Robot Wars Alpha and Alpha Gaiden for as long as I could remember (8 years or so).

Also, Jagged Alliance 2 and Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business. For years. ANd Championship Manager 01/02.

I have their CD images - that's the entire CD thing - in my PC, and I run emulators (I prefer the discontinued Connectix VGS to ePSXe or any other emulator) and play form there.

Their original discs a distant memory. Only their souls live on in my computer, among other things I have accumulated over the past 14 years I have been online.

A few years ago, the Jagged Alliance 2 CD image got corrupted. I lost the last copy of CM01/02 I had with me.

My obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh card games died when I lost the CD.

But that was okay. I still had SRWA and SRWAG.

About a year ago, the CD images got corrupted. SInce then, I haven't been playing games.

For my birthday, I am going to get, this month, those games again. I don't care how. But I am going to play them again.

I am in the mood for killing robots.