Monday, November 15, 2010

Intermission: Previously, on Amir Hafizi

A few months ago, I complained and fell into depression when I realised I had almost nothing to do.

I got out of that depression by telling myself that, as with everything, this too shall pass.

Now, I am beginning to suspect that I have too much to do. Which means that I am nearing my full capacity. I can safely push myself to 100% by taking off days when I do absolutely nothing.

And pushing myself to 400% will result in hospitalisation. I have done so only four times in my life, and have tasted some of the best hospital food Malaysia has to offer.

Things are going well. Even this week, I have several meetings and assignments lined up. The first would be in about two hours. I have stories to write. Things to write. Proposals, et cetera.

I really believe that a 48-hour a day system would work better for me.

The things that used to consume my time were not games or movies or TV series I watch. It's actually drama. By cutting off drama from my life, I managed to increase productivity by 40%.

Imagine all that time and energy wasted on unnecessary emotion and whatever the fuck.

I long for the day when I can do one thing, and one thing only, and that one thing will pay me like, I dunno, RM2 million a year?

For now, I'm like, Multiple Man. If only I can be Iron Bat.