Saturday, December 19, 2009

Intermission: Gone with the Boron (World's Most Boring Man)

Tonight, I met an old friend I haven't seen in more than three years. She has lost a lot of weight and now looks really hot.

We traded stories and stuff.

On the national front, the Malaysian football team won gold, due to an own goal by the opponents. Congratulations.

I was more fascinated by reactions from fans, Malaysians like me.

Some people were realistic.

"We won by an own goal. I'm not overly joyed or anything. A gold's a gold, still."

Some, were outright negative.

"Elehhhh.. we won by an own goal. That doesn't count!"

And yet more, who never supported the Malaysian team, suddenly love them to bits.

Well, I guess Malaysian football does deserve a break. Enjoy the spotlight while it lasts, guys. Enjoy the love.

Cause (mostly) everybody... loves a winner. Blablabla.

I watched Avatar this week, which to me is the best movie in the last 10 years. I love the 'evil colonists vs tree-hugging native hippies' angle. Makes me feel so very the nationalistic.

No matter what, I still love Malaysia. I want to improve on certain things in the country, I want to do some stuff. I know some shit are just fucked up, but it's not that bad.

I'm betting everything on Malaysia. Two years ago, up till last year, I had the chance to leave. For some reason which I did not fully comprehend back then, I didn't. I turned my back on money, a more developed society and better Internet, so that I could be here.

I have no malicious intent, though I do believe that some people should die. Fuck off and die.

But I'm staying. Not because I am a masochist. Far from it. I hate pain. I just believe that it is possible to live without pain in this country. I mean, there's always morphine.

Most pain and suffering are just overreactions and overdramatisations by the ego. To get caught up in it is stupid. And we always have a choice.

I have decided not to live my life in pain. I am so sorry that I can't make the same decision for others. And I can't judge other people's choices. I no longer have a desire to be seen as right. I am arrogant enough to say this:

"I don't need people to tell me I'm right. I know I'm right."

And I'm right to stay. Right here in Malaysia. Fulfilling my function, my aspect. Come what may.

On to cheerier things. My first movie came out! MySpy! Yay! Woo! In two years, I wrote seven movies. I think three will come out soon. The rest are in good hands. I mean, MySpy was sent and before I knew it, it was finished and was in the cinemas already.

I met a fancy French filmmaker once. He told me, most people usually only do 10 movies in their lifetime. I'll try and triple that number or something.

I got stories up my ass, man. Enough to last me four lifetimes. I hope I can do one next year.

Useless to plan, though. I am blessed in the sense that I have always been lucky. I mean, I wasn't born in Rwanda during the fighting between the Hutus and the Tutsis. And though most of my plans are scuppered, it always comes out better than I could ever hope for.

Take MySpy, for instance. I was very much afraid that it would be a bad one, but when I saw it, I didn't hate it. Thank you so very much to the filmmakers for that one. The producers, the director and the editors, actors, key grip, cameramen, line producers, multitude of assistants and whoever else. The movie wasn't just mine. Thanks for including me in the team.

Next year, next year. Ah, well. I shall deal with that when it comes. For tomorrow is another day. I'll do a proper year-end roundup soon.

Cheers!