Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Deus Ex Machina: The Internet Gods

Ever since I surfed the Internet wayyy back in the last century, I have encountered several inexplicable problems. Bugs, you might call them. Some, may be human-generated. Others, are just unexplained mysteries.

Have you ever sent an e-mail and it gets lost somewhere in cyberspace, eaten up by whatever the fuck?

I was waiting for an email today, for six hours. All the time hounding the person to keep resending it to me. It came through a different account.

I have done bloggish posts on websites where for some reason, formatting tabs keep appearing.

I have seen my posts take on their former appearance, the changes I made lost forever in my head.

Tonight, my smartphone, my dear Blackberry, just failed on me. Previously, two others suffered catastrophic failure due to being exposed to water and being stolen.

I believe in the existence of some sort of Internet deity who go around, fucking things up.

I believe that gremlins do exist. Some of them, human. Others, may be not so.

Oh well. Can't nobody hold me down.