Sunday, December 27, 2009

Executioner's Song: Boxing Day Blast

I spent the whole of Boxing Day having a soiree and slipping in a barnstorming brainstorming session amidst roasted chikin and mee bandung.

Mee bandung, the original version, takes over 24 hours of preparation. It involves making beef stock from two kinds of beef cuts, squid, shrimp as well as the six-hour sambal. That's sambal you need to cook for at least six hours, on slow-cook, to get it right.

I first tasted this dish - the real one - around five years ago, and have never forgotten it. The care and effort put into it is amazing. The eating part takes only 10 minutes, after slaving for over a day. Thank God I wasn't the one cooking it.

As for the rest, I will do a proper year-end round-up soon. There will be some interesting announcements soon, so watch this space!

I've been coasting all this while, so it's time to shift into second gear. Just like fucking, you need to take it slow, establish a rhythm, and then push off from there. I mean, foreplay alone usually takes an hour, for an experienced fucker like me.

Gear 2 involves a lot more stuff. And woe, woe, woe to the denizens of Earth.

The ego has landed.