Saturday, December 26, 2009

I See It

A lot of people are asking me, should they go see Avatar. No, they ask me, whether they will like it.

The answer? I don't know! I don't know whether you will like the movie or not. I'm not you! And since I didn't make it, I don't care.

Watched Avatar for the third time in 3D this week. Also just found out that Avatar will not open in Japan and China until a week or two from now.

Since Japan and China usually get stuff over there first, I am lucky to be in Malaysia this time around.

The latest show I saw was at GSC Signature, 3D in Premier Class. If possible, I will watch every week until this thing closes, and I'm buying the original DVD.

Love it, love it, love it!

Is it the best movie ever made? No. But it kicks ass.

There are some detractors, for sure. For various reasons. Some people just didn't like it. They didn't like the 3D, the CGI or the storyline. Some just hate James Cameron. I am indifferent to the guy, but hats off anyway.

Which is fine. I mean, the only important opinion for me, is my own. And I love it.

In the cinema, there was this couple, sitting across the aisle. They were watching, and the man-bitch had to explain every single scene to his cow. The woman is a cow because she needs to be herded.

I hate people talking in cinemas as a principle, and this has nothing to do with Avatar. I will get pissed off even if it's say, Sembilu 2 or Ninja.

I had half a mind to go creep behind them and whisper, "I see you."

Next time, I'm bringing a knife. If you talk in the cinema while I'm watching anything other than trailers, I will go to where you sit and slit your throat.

Anyway, all this attention and love for Avatar will give rise to an opposite reaction. Hate.

There will be SOME people who will proclaim loudly how they hate the movie not because they hate the movie, but because they want to be cool. Want to be different. Wannabes!

Since when is watching movies a fashion statement? Ah, yes, nevermind. That's very pathetic, though.

Well, fortunately, Avatar has not developed a cult like Twilight. End of the day, it's a movie. Nothing more, nothing less. And I love it. I'm going to watch it over and over again. I hope Cameron does a trilogy. I hope it makes a billion dollars.

Just like, if they show the original Kami (with Sudirman) again, I'm gonna watch it quite a few times.

If you ask me, all I can say is that I love it, and will continue to go and see it. You may not like it, for whatever reason. Just don't yell at my face. I know you're not cool. So fuck off.