Friday, June 25, 2010

The Wind Rises Electric

Finally, I can stay up all night and not sleep till much later today.

Most of my night was spent on the phone.

I talked to a girl - an old friend - and then to a collaborator, and finally with a guy I used to work with.

I was his supervisor at Astro, and it was really refreshing to see how this guy has grown. Not in size, but in maturity. He's more relaxed now. More settled. And definitely a pleasure to work with.

We talked about shit, caught up - he got married recently and regaled me with tales of woe and how my advice was wrong.

When he told me he was getting married around a year ago, I advised him that he would need at least RM20K for a simple event. I was way off. What was budgeted for that ballooned into an inflated figure.

Credit to the guy, he managed to pull it off and from what I heard, it was a resounding success.

In comparison, I had little to tell him about my life. I just got over my funk and experienced rebirth, yadda yadda yadda. Spiritual concepts which are quite boring, actually.

I got no drama, and I'm not complaining about that. The past is the past, and the future is not mine to decide. My moment, the one I need to own, is now.

Right now, I'm doing some production shit. Some proposals. Hopefully, two or three would be picked up, and I can pay my debts and my father's medical bills.

Life has become routine, actually.

Which is good. I can focus on the next stage. I'm sure there would be more little problems I need to solve.

Little puzzles here and there. Not big ones. Just some stuff. I spent my whole life with puzzles and now, the thing I need to crack, is this next show.

Well, I'll see you after I do another one.