Friday, May 23, 2008

Things Currently Inside My Head

Well, first of all, there's that latin saying:

Vi vagina veniversum vivus vici.

It means: I, by the power of the vagina, while living, have conquered the universe.

And then there's Robocop.

Robocop has these four directives, right:

1. Serve the public trust
2. Protect the innocent
3. Uphold the law
4. (Classified)

Let's not even go one by one. But let's just look at number 2.

Protect the innocent.

Man, this is stupid. I mean, how in the blue hell could a machine recognize who is 'innocent' and how do you protect them?

This would mean billions, if not trillions of lines of coding. I'm a computer programmer by training, and the programming lines could look something like this:

IF subject = VK Linggam

Shoot

ELSE IF subject = Pak Lah

Shoot

ELSE IF subject = KJ

Shoot

ELSE IF subject = Dr M

Run away

End

And imagine all the includes and objects and classes and cross-references! It's crazy!

Maybe that's why they decided to use a human brain to carry out all the computations, hmm?

Which brings me to the question - why aren't we using fibre-optics-based processors?

I mean, the fastest thing ever is light. So it would make much more sense to construct processors using beams of light instead of current, which has to travel through semiconductors and lose speed as well as generate heat.

This is not a new opinion, but the scientists are so goddamned slow in coming up with a commercially viable model. Or they're probably trying to clear stocks first.

And then, inside my head right now is my need to crap. I believe that this would be a foot-long expulsion as I had a very satisfying dinner last night. Followed by a bottle of Pinot Noir.

And on that thought, I take my leave.

See you later.