Monday, September 6, 2010

Recalibrating the Machine

I will go to sleep soon. It is almost noon, and I sent my two stories hours ago.

I have an assignment later today, around 5pm. But I must be there by 4pm, to beat the traffic. Which means I have around 4 hours of sleep before that happens.

For some reason, race issues play on my mind, in the twilight of my consciousness today.

To be honest, I don't know. There are people who are proud - too proud - to identify with their race. To the point of stupidity. And then there are people who are ashamed of who they are. Which is equally stupid.

Me? I resolved my identity crisis when I was a teenager. I know what I am. A Demon Lord. People who are unsure of themselves are merely teenagers.

Genetically, I am a hybrid. A chimaera. Mentally? Demon Lord. My allegiance is to me, and a code of honour I made myself from the tattered remains of comic books.

No one else follows my code of honour, and so I see them as having no honour. Just animals keeping from the cold. Huddling together. Weak. Afraid. Desperate.

Me? I shall sweep all before me like the spell Meteor Shower. I will kill you all with my Chain Lightning. And I will unleash the fury of the Berserkers upon your mother's condemned soul.

Blah blah blah!

Selamat Hari Raya. Maafkanlah diri ko sendiri, pasal aku takkan maafkan ko.

Griffin Eternal!