Friday, September 24, 2010

In Pursuit of Busy-ness

I am most potent when I am busy. I can't survive lazing about doing nothing, until I retire, when doing nothing is exactly what I want to do.

I've been working almost four hours straight. Have an early morning assignment tomorrow, so I'll be sleeping soon.

Man, this week has been crazy. My second movie Magika got released. I wrote the script. It is the second of my KRU trilogy, with the first being MySpy and the third is Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa.

I started something new today, which I think I'll enjoy doing. Tomorrow, I have some deadlines to catch and a few meetings to finalise some stuff.

Earlier this week, I received some offers on some stuff, which I think I'll take. It's high time I start directing and/or producing my own movies. Scriptwriting is a joy and sometimes a chore, but at this stage in my filmmaking career, I want to do more. More joy, more control, more burden of responsibility.

One day, my shoulders will buckle under all this. But right now, everything seems to be just right.

I'm just walking, for now. One day, I will run. And sprint. And fly.

Right now, I'm just walking, baby. Just walking.