Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Salt

Woke up at 9am to a glorious, glorious day.

The sun was shining. The birds were singing and there was a gentle breeze wafting through the window.

And so I went back to sleep.

Woke up again at around 10am. Called for meetings today, at 4pm. Then went back to sleep.

And now I just woke up. Had my breakfast and is prepared for the day's shenanigans.

Got a call from the family. My father is not doing well in Kuantan. I can't go back as I am stuck here with tons of work to do.

I am considering dropping everything and going back to Kuantan. My father likes to eat salted fish, and I am one of the few things standing between him and the sodium-rich dish.

He's had three strokes already. A fourth one, a big one, fueled by his diet of salted fish, could kill him.

However, he is a stubborn old man. I've never met a more hardheaded person in my life. Righteous like hell, man.

His freedom to do anything he wants, whenever, wherever, is more important to him than anything else. Even if his body would not allow him to do so.

If I can finish everything by this week, I'm going back next week. Rolling up my sleeves and see if I can finish everything a couple of weeks ahead of schedule.