Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kuantan Medical

If you are seriously ill and you are in Kuantan, go to Kuantan Medical Center (right beside Berjaya Megamall) and find Dr Ooi.

He's the consulting physician as well as a member of the board of directors.

He's one of the best I've ever seen.

Calm, collected, professional, attentive, non-judgemental and seriously smart.

Over a period of two days, we had gone to see four doctors.

One was a compassionate family friend. One was a terrible, arrogant idiot who doesn't fucking know what he's doing. Another who was patient enough to answer my TV-based questions and my demands for an MRI instead of a CT Scan. And then there was Dr Ooi.

The staff at Kuantan Medical Center were also very attentive, friendly and compassionate. I was genuinely impressed.

From the A&E nurses who treated our case with personal care, to the feisty attendants at the day care, even the receptionists who helped with the wheelchair and the payment clerks who made it all very easy.

Need to do something nice for them. I don't have much. Yet. But I'll make sure they get something.

You know, sometimes, when people are facing a crisis, the least you could do is to be human.

And these people surpassed that.

Teachers, nurses and the police. Three jobs that need to be respected and nurtured.

If I ever get seriously sick, send me to these people, and make sure I get a lot of morphine.