Tuesday, June 16, 2009

House of Pain

Pack it up, pack it in; let me begin.

For people born before World War 2, I guess having an abundance of food is a big thing.

As most of the world moves towards eating less - except for some places which still suffer from starvation and gluttony - the people born before the post-war baby boom still cling on to wartime mentalities.

Which is, whatever.

Another thing is this culture of suffering and pain.

Some believe that pain, torture and suffering as a badge of honour. And so they live their lives in pain and suffer in order to stay relevant.

Okay. None of my fucking business.

I just don't buy it.

In other words, fuck you, man.

I do not believe that you need to suffer or be in pain to be reminded that you are alive.

I do not think pain is a validation for existence.

I do not believe in sacrificing yourself to save the world.

Been there. Done that. No fucking way, man.

I did what I could, in the short time available to me. Nothing more I can do.

Let's see what happens next.