Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Journeyman Mistakes: Drugged Up Dreams

I didn't go to work today. Just went to the hospital for my follow-up. I also took my meds, which made me a rambling, bumbling sleepyhead like Pak Lah all day.

Slept through most of the day. Woke up to go for a night meeting and then to watch an artsy-fartsy Japanese anime.

I've always loved Kino's Journey, and am njow glad that Aoi Bungaku has entered one of my top 5 anime of all time. Which makes it:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. FLCL
3. Kino's Journey
4. Aoi Bungaku
5. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou

Japanese literature of the Showa era was heavily influenced by German philosophers and French poets.

Goethe and Nietszche, Nietsczhe, Nit-Shit (the fuck you spell this shit?) and Sartre and whatever the fuck. I am now bordering on depression as I know what and how to write my stories, but I still have two weeks of intense work before I can even dream of continuing any of the stuff that brings me joy. There's a whole lot of real-world responsibilities and inane writing I have to do first.

I have been writing a few novel-length stories and it has been a start-stop experience. Some things just didn't work. I can feel the paragraphs and scenes and sentences I must write now, but I will shelve it for a couple of weeks.

Just a couple of weeks more. It feels like torture, because I make it so.

I have loads of forms to fill. So many meetings. Appointments. Court hearing. Trips. I will plow through anyway with sheer grit and willpower.