Thursday, March 1, 2012

Forgiveness

I heard a song at a mamak stall, and for some reason, it got stuck in my head. I decided to Google the chorus and here's what I get:



This is Aku Maafkan Kamu, by Jamal Abdillah and Malique - the former one-half of Too Phat.

I like the song. I really like it, until I read its lyrics which is tainted by bitterness that is not funny like Eminem. Em's rage, his anger, all of it, is encapsulated and infused with a healthy dose of comedy. His hatred and anger is ultimately comedy because it is so over the top.

This song, though, is righteous. It's about being right, which is a disappointment because I really like everything about it. The attempt at classic/classy verse, the arrangement, everything.

I believe that if you really forgive and let go, nothing would matter. You can finally see the big picture that everything that is done, said and that everyone - is just part of a whole and it all doesn't mean anything.

You understand this, accept it, and you go on doing what you need to do. And do it well.

Yeah, I guess if I can take my beliefs, my world view and my other shit out of the equation, I can truly enjoy it. Because it is a good song.