Friday, November 4, 2011

Nominated!

I got home from dinner and called my mother. She gleefully told me that I had lost in Anugerah Skrin 2011 for both Magika and Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa in the script category.

I was smiling all the way, though, as really, being nominated is enough. I wasn't even aware of the nominations till today, when KRU called me up, and another team, which did the documentary on Yuen Yuet Leng also told me that the docu was up for an award at Skrin.

Even though the movies lost, the documentary won. Muahahahaha! Yeahoo!

This is a step up from FFM. My name was not nominated at all at FFM, but at least my name is there for ASK 2011.

And my team won for the documentary. Muahahaha!

Yeah! I mean, that's what my producer told me just now.

Yuen Yuet Leng is one of Melaysia's living legends. He fought the Communists, became Perak Chief of Police and Sarawak Police Commissioner. I had fun interviewing him. He's like a Malaysian James Bond.

Anyway, I'll savour the moment of being nominated for a while. It's been a great day. Yeah!