Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Number Six

Just finished a meeting. Am waiting for people to come for another meeting. And then have to meet someone at around 6 or 7. Then, a function later tonight.

Tomorrow is another meeting at 10am. Then, a meeting at 2pm. And another one at 8pm till perhaps 3am.

So you wanna be a writing superstar? Big house, five cars?

Do the work, man. Work it, baby, work it!

What most freelancers in my line don't have is patience. I worked with some who disappeared or balked at the demands of the job.

It's not just writing. It's the re-writing and the editing and the meetings and the constant strain your brain is under.

Insane in the membrane! Insane in the brain!

Many times, you will see me talking to myself. These are not signs that I have lost my mind. I got other signs for those.

I might be working out a scene, or testing if a particular line works.

Anyone can write, but only a few can truly be great. Like me.

I spit in the face, of people who don't want to be cool.