Monday, May 25, 2009

Kuantan Legal: Law and Order

The Malaysian law stuff is divided into the men and women who capture criminals and the justice system that tries them.

Theme song:

Do-dowh!

Nenenet-niuuuu.

Do dowh!

Nenenet-niuuuu.

Teet-teeet-teet- tet-tetiuuuu.


Do-dowh!

Nenenet-niuuuu.

Do dowh!

Nenenet-niuuuu.

Teet-teeet-teet- tet-tetiuuuu.

So, been talking to some lawyers.

Me: So, let me reconfirm. There is no, 'Objection, your honour!' And no 'order! Order!' In Malaysian courts?

Lawyer1: No.

Me: So, I can't pull off stunts like 'I killed that man because I was in the fervour or religious belief thingy?'

Lawyer2: Not unless you want to spend some time in jail for insulting the court.

Me: So I can't like, counter-sue the Government?

Lawyer1: You can try. Don't think you have a huge chance. Why do you want to sue the Government?

Me: I don't. Just wondering if I could.

Lawyer2: It's Malaysia.

Me: I know. I understand.

...

Me: So, how are forensic practices in Malaysia?

Lawyer2: Whooooo are you? Who-who! Who-who!

Lawyer1: I'll not get fooled again! Yawww! No-noooo!

Me: Out heeeerrre in the field! I work for my meals!

...

Me: So...no?

Lawyer1: Am not saying anything.

Me: I realllly wanna know!

Lawyer2: Who-who! Who-who!

Lawyer1: Walkiiing doooown...the roaaaad...blablabla.

Me: What the fuck? Vonda Shepard? Man, you're gay.

Ah, I'm guessing this article will not mean anything to anyone who doesn't watch TV semi-religiously.