Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Triceratops!

Just woke up, man.

It's 2-1! Perasan Rakyat retained the two seats they won last year - Bukit Gantang and Bukit Selambau. And BN retained theirs at Batang Ai.

Before the polling results were in, I met with quite a few BN and UMNO people. They all predicted 3-0 victories. Or 2-1 in favour of BN. I had my doubts and had always maintained my suspicion that it would be 3-0 the other way. The Perasan way.

Only a sober few said that either it was impossible to tell, or that the parties would all retain their seats.

You see, since the rise of KJ, and eXtreme race politics, BN has been the underdog. And with the influx of new, younger voters, BN is beneath being an underdog - they are almost certain losers.

Perasan Rakyat is basically offering the same shit BN is offering - race politics, corruption and bullshit. And more bullshit. And more bullshit.

I would like Perasan Rakyat to lose terribly in the next GE so that they can regroup and find another, better angle for their politics. Resulting in a much better alternative.

None of this racist bullshit. No personality worship. Focus on issues rather than persona.

Alas, I think that is a pipe dream. I think they will win, and this country will be thrown into turmoil for the next 50 years. At least. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see the next few moves by the major players.

If this was professional wrestling, Randy Orton just retained his WWE Championship, while Rey Mysterio held on to his Intercontinental belt.

Oh well. Whoever wins, it doesn't make any difference to me. I'm still not a millionaire.