Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tales from the Drunk Side: Autumn in Ganymede

My Blackberry, on an unlimited Maxis data plan, can't go on the Net for two days already.

For somebody who is accustomed to replying e-mails on the fly, and referring to Wikipedia every time a factual disagreement happens, this has been a great disadvantage to me.

And I paid my bills, goddamnit!

Oh well.

Anyway, read the story here.

Apparently, Penang CM Lim Guan Eng has invoked the Official Secrets Act (OSA) which, as well as just a letter off from ISA, holds whistleblowers responsible for, well, whistleblowing.

I remember the Opposition as being, well, opposed to OSA, ISA, Isa Samad, and whatever else.

In fact, the very motto for the Penang Government was Transparency, blablabla, blablabla. I can't, for the life of me, at this unGodly hour, remember what the other two blablablas were. But I did not think 'hypocrisy' was one of them.

This is in line with what I have always been saying all this while.

We all know BN. Need any introductions?

But a lot of the cyber-people (note that they are not necessarily representative to the people on the ground) in the past few years have presented them as the greatest beings to have ever walked the Earth. Incorruptible, noble, honourable, and full of integrity.

Full of shit, more like.

I told you then, I am telling you again. There is no difference. You see one politician, you've seen 'em all. With very, very, VERY few notable exceptions.

I am expecting a slew of apologists and spinners and spinsters to try and make this HUGE blight on freedom (which freedom is this again?) a good thing.

Some will say that they were never opposed to OSA or ISA to begin with. Just so long as BN gets the ISA and OSA, and no one else, everything will be fine.

Double standards are okay. One rule for you, another rule for me.

Well.

Hmmm...

Suck my dick?