Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vagabond: Sex, Lies, Videotape

The sex was a wonderful gift that showed up one day, unexpected.

The lies and the video, fortunately, was not mine.

The whole country is reeling from yet another Anwar sex scandal.

On Monday, a few journalists were invited to watch a video at Carcosa Seri Negara. It allegedly showed Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim having sex with an alleged PRC prostitute.

Honestly, at this stage, I don't care much about politicians like Anwar. Nothing personal, just not my thing.

I do feel bad for the family, though. This is yet another bump on a very tiresome and perilous ride - the price to pay for loving someone.

Whether Anwar did all those things - fuck a man, a woman, his driver, an old guy, a young guy, a prostitute - doesn't really matter right now. His family would also have to deal with all this shit.

Love him or hate him, Anwar is a strong man. He can take care of himself. Wan Azizah is even stronger. But what of the young ones?

Whether Anwar is the most moral man to have ever called himself a politician, or the worst kind who fucks anything that walks - does anyone care anymore?

There has been suggestions, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tape of him fucking a goat, a chicken or a stingray released tomorrow by Datuk Q. I don't care.

It would be easy to want to believe that he didn't do it. And who knows - maybe he didn't. It's easy to paint Datuk T as the obvious bad guys in this movie.

But if he did, fucking those people meant he betrayed their trust, and I don't know what's worse - being the target of a conspiracy, or betrayed by the ones you love.

Oh well. I feel sorry for the family. No matter who is the evil one in this - his attackers or Anwar himself.

All I can say is that, as a writer, I will write. Dancers should dance. Artists should draw. Singers should sing. The world moves on, and keeps on spinning.

I hope the family is given the strength to weather through this. Aside from that, I really, really don't give a fuck.