Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Brunch With Death

I met Death just now, at around 10.30pm. Hardly brunch, but the title fits.

Shared with her my findings and discoveries - my quite surprised but sheer delight on how Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa turned out, particularly on how a lot of the public received it.

I must admit that not many or perhaps none of my work has ever reached the masses on this scale. I must say that I am very thankful to the KRU brothers, the cast and crew, as well as the marketeers who have done a splendid job selling the movie. Hopefully, it will continue its strong performance at the cinemas.

Also shared some other revelations.

"Didn't I tell you, months ago, that this and that would happen?"

"No," I told Death. "You told me a little over a year ago, on the phone, while nursing a flu."

People like me and Death, we sometimes get our dates wrong in our predictions - and sometimes, the reaction of the people (whom I honestly thought at the beginning would not be as enthusiastic about Merong as they are right now). However, all our predictions, when we play clairvoyant on events, are never far off the mark.

Death kept me around, even when I was of no use to her, and I so enjoy her company.

My enthusiasm on how some things are going very, very right caught on, and we had a merry laugh.

However, I went home with the full knowledge that overcelebrating past successes and victories is just as wasteful and dangerous as dwelling on the evils of yesterday.

I do not know what tomorrow will bring, though I always hazard a guess. And to ensure that the good parts of the prophecy come true, I will work on the present.

I have tons to do. A script to finish. An article to write. Preparation after preparation for some things that would start in April, another in July.

I know that my life works for me, and Death is in agreement. We also agree on Prof Farnsworth from Futurama.

"The evil, I can understand, but the STUPIDITY! Oooohhh!"

So, a comforting end to a wondrous week. May there be more weeks like this one.