Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kung Fu Pundit: History, Mystery, Gift

I am a bit bothered now. Something in my personal life. Family matters.

So I am telling myself the story of 'since something happened in the past, I can't be at peace now.' And, 'something that will happen in the future is preventing me from being at peace now.'

The real story is, "Why I can't be at peace now." A very old story.

I am giving myself reasons why I can't be at peace. Always, always a thing.

But right now, at this second, at this moment, there is nothing that needs any attention or action. Right NOW, there is nothing to worry about.

That old turtle/tortoise was right. IS right.

Yesterday, is history. Tomorrow, is a mystery. But today, today, is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Ah, well.

Corny? Maybe. But it works.

Buddha said, tatata. The suchness of life. The Zen monk Hakuin said, 'Is that so?', refusing to react. The other dude said, 'maybe', refusing to judge each moment as either good or bad.

Enough feeling sorry for myself. Off to watch Heroes and other things. Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!