Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Racist! Racist! Racist! Duduk! Duduk! Duduk!

Today, on Twitter, someone made a Malay joke. And by Malay joke, I mean a joke at the expense of Malays.

He got SOME reactions. ANd then I get this feeling that he doesn't want to play anymore.

Here's the thing, man. There are a few simple rules about jokes concerning race.

1. If you can't take the heat, forget it.

2. If you are Malay, you can make fun of Malays. If you are Chinese, you can make fun of Chinese. And so on and so forth.

3. Fuck the rules.

I am half-Malay and half-Chinese. I thought that gives me privilege to make fun of Malays AND Chinese. No.

First of all, Malays were quite upset when I make fun of them. The Chinese, some of them, stopped being my friends when I make jokes about the Chinese.

So the only safe race I can make fun of, are the Chinese-Malays (Chi-Lays) or Malay-Chinese (Manese or MaChiBai).

So here goes.

Ehem.

Why did the Chi-Lay cross the road?

- Cause the halal pork shop was on the other side.

Chi-Lays are both lazy and greedy at the same time.

Chi-Lays own 90% of the Malaysian economy.

A Chi-Lay, a Chris-Hindu and Sunder were on a hiking trip. It was late, and they found a farmhouse. The farmer told them two of them can sleep inside, but the third has to go and sleep in the barn, where he kept his animals.

So the Chi-Lay and Sunder slept inside and the ChrisHindu slept in the barn. An hour later, the farmer heard a knock on the door. It was the ChrisHindu.

CH: Man, I can't sleep there. There's a cow, and my non-existent religious sect forbids me from sleeping in a room with cows.

So the farmer told the guy to sleep inside and sent the CHi-Lay into the barn.

An hour later, the farmer heard a knock on the door. It was the Chi-Lay.

CL: Man, my IC says I'm a Muslim, and there's a pig in the barn. I can't sleep there, or I will take up a life-insurance, suicide-bomb you, and make it look like an accident.

So the farmer sent Sunder to sleep in the barn.

Two minutes later, the farmer heard a knock on the door. It was the cow and the pig.

Roll on snare drum?